Kittanning Care Center, conveniently located off Route 422 three miles east of Kittanning Borough, is a 120-bed Skilled Nursing Center, including a 26-bed Center for the Memory Impaired, and Specialty Care in Wound Management.
Built in 1980, the facility underwent a $1 million renovation in 1997 and a second renovation in 2009. The large, single-floor building features two separate dining areas and two courtyards, one to accommodate memory-impaired individuals and one for other residents. Recent improvements include new lighting, wallpaper, and flat-screen televisions, as well as new electric low beds, outdoor landscaping, and a complete renovation of our Dietary Kitchen. Our Center for the Memory Impaired also features its own circular outdoor walkway, so that residents can walk for as long as they like, without the frustration they typically experience when they come to the end of a path. Support facilities are conveniently located for easy access by all residents and families.
Each resident has an attending physician of his or her choice. A broad range of specialists — including podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, audiologists, and a psychiatrist — is available to provide other treatment as needed. Other staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists (providing PT, OT and SLT)
- Respite Program
- Dietitian and Dietary Staff
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance Staff
- Administrative Staff (Admissions, Social Services, Case Management, Business Office, and Administration Departments)
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialists and Activities Staff