Our Ventilator Care Program at HarmarVillage Care Center was designed for patients who need ventilator assistance, whether they will be on a ventilator temporarily or indefinitely. Our professional staff — including certified respiratory therapists — designs each patient's care program based on his or her current abilities.
We work at the patient's own pace, while providing encouragement, and we involve the family, too. As treatment plans are implemented, the patient's progress is continually monitored and modified. This highly structured approach is followed until the patient's dependence on the ventilator is decreased or eliminated.
Our comfortable, well-furnished suites provide a homelike environment and encourage interaction with other residents. Our tastefully decorated facilities create a welcome atmosphere for family and friends who visit. And our in-house health services offer convenient medical testing and treatment.
The benefits of our Ventilator Care Program include:
- A comfortable, healthy environment
- State-of-the art facilities
- In-house medical testing and services
- A high nurse-to-patient ratio
- Respiratory care 24/7
- Piped-in oxygen and suction
- Portable ventilators
- Direct access to tertiary care facilities
- Adaptive equipment for special needs
- Regular on-site visits by our pulmonologist